Zhejiang Provincial Government Scholarship for Foreign Students (hereinafter referred to as ZGSFS) is established by Zhejiang Provincial Government aiming to attract and encourage excellent foreign students to study in Zhejiang.
1. Categories of Applicants and Duration of Scholarship
International students who will come to study in Zhejiang Province, including graduates, undergraduates and long term advanced studying candidates (above one year)
2. Application Procedures and Timing
All qualified international students can directly apply to the university you are or will be studying at. Applications are accepted once a year, those who are qualified can apply year by year.
Application time: January to May each year.
1) Applicants who apply for a master’s scholarship should hold a bachelor’s degree diploma or equivalent study ability; Recommendation letters from two professors or associate professors; Aged under 35 years old;
2) Applicants who apply for a doctoral scholarship should hold a master’s degree diploma or equivalent study ability; Recommendation letters from two professors or associate professors; Aged under 40 years old;
Applicants who apply for an undergraduate scholarship should hold China’s senior high school graduate certificate or equivalent study ability; Aged under 30 years old;
1) Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens, hold foreign passports, friendship with China, be in good health.
2) Applicants must have good performance, conform to the school rules without absenteeism in class and obey China’s laws with no violation;
3) Applicants should hold the relevant Chinese proficiency, and provide proof, such as HSK certificate, other Chinese study and exam certificate. Some English medium programs can relax conditions.
4) Applicants are among the best of candidates in the class or in the grade.
5) Non-parallel-awarding of any other Chinese Government Scholarships.
4. Scholarship Rates
Zhejiang Provincial Government Scholarship is classified into Scholarship A, Scholarship B, Scholarship C. The standard is: RMB 30,000 each year for scholarship A, RMB 20,000 each year for scholarship B and RMB 6,000 each year for scholarship C.
This scholarship program is used for sponsoring excellent international students who apply for a master’s degree or doctoral degree study. Covers the fees of registration, tuition, basic teaching materials and accommodation, provide critical illness and accident insurance.
This scholarship is used for sponsoring excellent international students who apply for undergraduate programs. Covers the fees of registration, tuition, basic teaching materials, provide critical illness and accident insurance.
This scholarship is used for rewarding those of fine qualities and scholarly abilities who are studying a long term advanced program in the universities of Zhejiang province. The students will receive the reward one-off time.
5. Application Materials
The application materials will be in duplicate: applicants should fill out the application documents following the requirements of Scholarship A, Scholarship B or Scholarship C, and strictly according to the facts. Submit the application documents within the specified time.
1) Application Form for International Students Studying in Zhengjiang Province, Filling out in Chinese or English.
2) Copies of the notarized diploma and transcripts.
3) Copy of passport.
4) Recommendation from graduate school, in Chinese or English version.
5) Health certificate
6. Selection of Institutions and Specialties
Applicants may choose institutions and specialties from the Chinese institutions of higher education in the Zhejiang province. Please check the details or submit the application forms to the institutions directly.
7. Approval and Notification
1) The institutions of higher education in Zhejiang will review all the application materials and the application materials of qualified applicants for the scholarship will be forwarded to the Zhejiang Provincial Government Scholarship for International Students to make a further review.
2) The institutions will send the Scholarship Letter, the Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China to the applicants who will be officially confirmed as Scholarship students three months before the opening of new academic year.
3) The application will be seen as invalid and will not be processed if the applicants are not qualified or the application materials are inconsistent with the recruitment regulations or are incomplete.
4) Each year the schools will review the academic performance of each scholarship recipient. The scholarship recipient would disqualify for the scholarship if he or she violates Chinese law and regulations, violates the school rules or the relevant rules and guidelines of the Zehjiang Provincial Government Scholarship for International Students.
8. Contact Details
Address: Foreign Affairs Office of Zhejiang Province Office of Education, Wenhui Road No. 321, Hangzhou City, Zhejiang, China