In order to further develop the education of international students registering for a degree program, Jiangsu provinvial government has established the “Jasmine Government Scholarship for International Students Studying in Jiangsu”. The Scholarship is used to subsidize those excellent foreign students to accept degree education at universities in Jiangsu province. Those who meet the requirements can directly apply to individual universities in Jiangsu province for the Scholarship.
1. Categories of Applicants and Duration of Scholarship
International students getting registered for degree education since the fall semester, 2010.
2. Application Procedures
Applicants can directly submit a written application to the university. The university will handle your application according to the application eligibility and scholarship rates.
Before April 30th each year, the Provincial Department of Education and Provincial Department of Finance will assign the scholarship quotas to each university according to the number of qualified candidates. Applicants can apply to the university each academic year.
1) Non-Chinese citizens with a foreign passport, in good health;
2) Educational background and age limit
2.1) Applicants for undergraduate studies must have completed senior high school with good grades and be under the age of 25. Applicants for masters degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35. Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
2.2) Obey Chinese government laws and regulations, be eligible for degree study application.
2.3) Learning attitude correct and excellent results;
2.4) An applicant who receives financial support from other Chinese government scholarship programs or organizations/agencies will not be eligible for the Jasmine Government Scholarship for International Students
4. Scholarship Rates
For graduates: RMB 30,000 per academic year
For undergraduates: RMB 20,000 per academic year
5. Application Materials
Notes: Application documents will not be returned regardless of whether or not you are accepted.
6. Selection of Institutions and Specialties
Applicants may choose institutions and specialties from the Chinese institutions of higher education in the Jiangsu region. Please check the details or submit the application forms to the institutions directly.
7. Approvals and Notification
1) The application will be seen as invalid and will not be processed if the applicants are not qualified or the application materials are inconsistent with the recruitment regulations or are incomplete.
2) The institutions will send the Scholarship Letter and the Admission Notice for Study in China to the applicants who will be officially confirmed as Scholarship students before the opening of new academic year. The winners must register at the university and major strictly according to the Admission Notice. Otherwise the application will be regarded as being abandoned.
3) Before September 30th each year, the application materials of qualified applicants for the scholarship will be forwarded to the Provincial Department of Education to make a further review and approval to public announce on October 15th each year. The institutions of higher education will hand out the scholarships on October 30th each year one at a time, issue the uniformly printed awards certificate
8. Contact Details
Address: Provincial Department of Jiangsu Education, Beijing West Road No. 15, Gulou District, Nanjing, China